- Republika Hrvatska (Republic of Croatia)
Territory of Croatia:
- 56.542 Km2
- More than 1200 islands and islets
- Borders to: Slovenia, Hungary, Serbia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Montenegro and Italy (Sea border).
Population in Croatia:
- About 4.300.000, density 75.8/km2
- Unitary parliamentary constitutional republic
- President – Ivo Josipović
- Prime Minister – Zoran Milanović
Capital of Croatia:
- Zagreb, situated in the mainland part of the country
- Population about 800.000
Larger cities in Croatia:
- Split, Dalmatia, 178 tsd.
- Rijeka, Kvarner, 129 tsd.
- Osijek, Mainland Croatia, 108 tsd.
- Zadar, Dalmatia, 75 tsd.
- Slavonski Brod, Mainland Croatia, 60 tsd.
- Pula, Istria, 58 tsd.
- Karlovac, Mainland Croatia, 56 tsd.
- Varaždin, Mainland Croatia, 47 tsd.
- Sibenik, Dalmatia, 46 tsd.
- Croatian (Hrvatski)
- Minority languages – Serbian, Italian, Hungarian, Czech, Slovak, and German
Religions in Croatia:
- Catholicism 86%, Atheism 4%, Orthodoxy 4%, Islam 1 %, Others 4%
Life Expectancy in Croatia: (According to WHO)
- Average 77.2 years
- Men – 74,0
- Women – 80.3
- Kuna. (HRK). 1/100 Kuna = 1 Lipa
- Note denominations: 1.000 Kn, 500 kn, 200 kn, 100 kn, 50 kn, 20 kn and 10 kn.
- Coin denominations: 25 kn (Seldom), 5 kn, 2kn, 1kn, 50 Lipa, 20 Lipa, 10 lipa, 5 Lipa, 2 Lipa and 1 Lipa
Phone country code: (Calling code)
Lijepa naša domovino (Our Beautiful Homeland)
National parks in Croatia:
- National Park Brijuni
- National Park Kornati
- National Park Plitvice Lakes
- National Park Krka
- National Park Paklenica
- National Park Mljet
- National Park Risnjak
- National Park Northern Velebit
Nature parks in Croatia:
- Nature Park Biokovo
- Nature Park Kopacki Rit
- Nature Park Lonjsko Polje
- Nature Park Medvednica
- Nature Park Papuk
- Nature Park Telascica
- Nature Park Velebit
- Nature Park Vrana lake
- Nature Park Ucka
- Nature Park Zumberak – Samoborsko gorje
- Nature Park Islands of Lastovo
- continental in the heartland
- mediterranean along the coast and the islands
Airports in Croatia:
- Airport Zagreb (international, domestic flights)
- Airport Split (international, domestic flights)
- Airport Zadar (international, domestic flights)
- Airport Pula (international, domestic flights)
- Aiport Dubrovnik (international, domestic flights)
- Airport Rijeka – island of Krk (international, domestic flights)
- Airport Osijek (international, domestic flights)
- Airport Bol, island of Brac (private flights)
- Airport Mali Losinj ((private flights)