This summer i again went rafting on the River Cetina with at couple of friends from Denmark, although I tried it several times here, I am always existed about it.
In and around the city Omis there is quite a few companies arranging rafting, canyoning and wild water canoe on the river Cetina, I always make sure, to book my Rafting tour with one of the companies who offer insurance, and generally puts the safety of the partisipants in first line.
TIP: The meeting point for Rafting was in our case Radman Mills (Radmanova Mlinice) which is about 6 km up the river from Omis, alternative it is also possible to meet with the organisers in Omis, make sure to ask for the meeting point and time when you book your Rafting.
At 14:00 everybody was assemble at the meeting point, in our case 37 people from Latvia and a few people from other nations, from the meeting point we where transferred by bus to the starting point 9.5 km up river, here we got the our equipment, lifejacket, helmet and paddle and of course the obligatory safety instructions.
At 15:10 everybody was in the boats and we started our trip, the rafting tour on Cetina is divided in to 3 parts, where the first and the third part are the relative quite parts, and the second is part with the most wild water, at the beginning our of guide gave us a thoroughly instruction in how to manoeuvre the raft in different situations.
After we learn to manoeuvre the raft and follow the commands given by our guide, we started the real rafting as you can see on the pictures here.
INFO: At the middle of the trip there is a passage with a waterfall, which for safety reasons required that you leave the boat and follow path for 200 meter, to a pick point below the waterfall. The company we went with, although offers and alternative for those who likes a bit more excitement, they have permission to take guest to a small cave which leads to the pick up point.
My friends and I of course took the “extreme” route through the cave, to enter the cave we although had to cross a small lake with only 10 degrees warm water, S… it was cold, but we all manage to get to the other side and through the cave.
When everybody was back in the rafts we continued further down river, here we had entertainment from a Latvian lady who manage not to do like the guides specifically told us to, with the result, that she of course fall in the water, we also so raft from other organisor flipping over, luckily in both case nobody was injured.
At 17:30 we stopped to swim and jump from a big rock, after finish swimming we continued to the end point at Radman Mills where we arrived at 18:30
My friends who had there first rafting tour on this Saturday was totally excited about it, they even ask me if I wanted to go again Sunday, personally I think we had a great trip, not only because of the rafting but also because beautiful nature you get to see, our organiser on this trip was by far the most professional I tried until now, so I think we have picked the right one (-:
Here is some general information’s about rafting:
- Rafting on Cetina is possible from April to October
- Water temperature in the river seldom gets higher then 18 degrees Celsius
- Person from 8 years to 60+ can participate in the rafting
- Rafting on Cetina is category 2, which is average for the difficulty. (Calm water is 0).
- Remember extra clothes as you will get wet
- Wallet, mobile, camera etc, can be given to the guide who will store it in dry box on the raft.
Price and booking
- Price for rafting through an organiser with all licences, new equipment and well educated instructors / guides (with International certificate for rafting guides) is 34 Euro.
- Pick up in Split is possible (with addditional payment)
- The following is is normally included in the rafting price, insurance, transfer from meeting point to rafting starting point. (The rafting organizer we used also offer an optional pick/return from Omis as part of the price)
- You can book rafting with the rafting organzer we used by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying, date of rafting, time and number of participants.