National Park Risnjak
How to get to Risnjak:
Risnjak is situated in north-west part of Gorski Kotar, in the vicinity of the town Rijeka.
You can get to National Park Risnjak if you are going by highway A6 (Rijeka – Zagreb). The administration building of the NP Risnjak is located in Crni Lug. It can be reached by asphalt roads: from the east via Delnice, from the west via Platak, from the south via Gornje Jelenje, and from the north via Gerovo.
|Adults||45,00 Kn (6 Euro)|
|Children and youth (till 18 years of age)||25,00 Kn (3 Euro)|
|Children bellow 7 years of age||no fees|
|Mountaineers (with paid membership)||25,00 Kn (3 Euro)|
Southern access route to the park
- From the pass in Gornje Jelenje there is a forest road that leads towards the north to four entrances on the western part of the Park. These are Vilje, Cajtige, Lazac and Šegina.
- From the south by a narrow asphalt road:
- Zelin Crnoluški – Prezdana jama – the crossing Pjetlićev vrh – the crossing Jama or Risnik IZBACITI CRVENI DIO
- From Gerovo – Lazac
- From the crossing Vrsićko krizanje in the north-east to Žauharova bajta – Šegina – Lazac
Western access route to the park
From via Platak – Snježnik
Eastern access route to the park
- From via Delnice – Crni Lug (12 km)
- There are three main car entrances to the valley of the river Kupa: Razloge, Kupari and Hrvatsko.
When is the best time to visit park:
The NP Risnjak is beautiful place to visit in any part of year because of sun-bathed meadows, numerous springs, streams, magnificent hills and mountains and wonderful country sides all year around, and offers you various activities.
What to do in NP Risnjak
- HIKING a walk along the educational path “Leska” (4200 meters long). The path leads from the administration building in Crni lug and it takes cca. 1 hour 45 minutes to complete.
- a walk to the Kupa-source. The paths towards the Kupa-source you can find on tne official homepage of NP.
- MOUNTAINEERING and TREKKING, the main destinations for most visitors who come to the national Park is the peak of Veliki Risnjak and Snjeznik.Routes towards Veliki Risnjakand Snjeznik, you can find on official homepage of NP.
- Mountain biking – you can rent bikes including helmet
- Recreational fishing– is allowed from the beginning of April to the end of October. You need to pay an additional fee – 250,00 Kuna.
- Watching animals
The National Park Risnjak offers you accommodation in mountain huts, pension and resort.
Hotel Risnjak *** – 21 rooms (single, double and triple), hotel is situated in the centre of town Delnice (12km from NP).
Mountain huts, pansion and resorts:
- Mountain hut DR J. Schlosser Klokovski (55 beds) is situated below the peak of Veliki Risnjak at 1418 m above sea-level. It is opened everyday (except Tuesday) from the beginning of May to the end of October; during other months you can use the winter room
- Pansion NP Risnjak ** is situated in Crni Lug (5 double rooms)
There is currently no campsite in the area of National park Risnjak.
Closest place to find private accommodation units (rooms, apartments) is in Crni Lug.
Other things which might be useful to know:
- You need to bring good walking shoes.
- It is forbidden to walk outside the marked paths
- It is forbidden to pick or damage plants and to collect wild fruits.
- It is forbidden to disturb, catch or kill birds and animals
Basically you can enter the national park with out buying a ticket, but as the maintenance of the park is mainly finances by ticket sales, we kindly ask all visitors to buy a ticket.
Driving distance to Delnice (nearest town to NP Risnjak) from major towns:
- Sibenik ——-Delnice KM 303 3 hours 30 minutes
- Zadar ——— Delnice KM 249 3 hours 5 minutes
- Spilt ———–Delnice KM 372 4 hours 20 minutes
- Zagreb ——–Delnice KM 117 1 hour 40 minutes
- Rijeka ———Delnice KM 45 1 hour
- Dubrovnik — Delnice KM 570 8 hours 20 minutes
Address and contact information – National Park Risnjak
- NP RISNJAK
Bijela Vodica 48
tel: +38551836133 or +38551836246
- FB PROFIL https://www.facebook.com/np.risnjak